Sellers.....Plan your work and work your plan.
You may be thinking of listing a property for sale. Such an idea and the "carry through" require planning to get your best results. Here are some ideas to make it easy.
Plan of Action
- Analyze why you are selling - If you understand your motives, you will be able to better negotiate and to get what it is that you want, whether it be a quick sale, high price, or somewhere in the middle.
- Prepare your home for the buyer - Maximize the strengths of your property and fix up its weaknesses. You want the buyer to walk away from your home with a lasting good impression.
- Find a good real estate agent that understands your needs - Make sure that your agent is loyal to you, and can negotiate to help you achieve your goals. In addition, they should be assertive and honest with both you and the buyer. If your agent is new or inexperienced, make sure your new agent relationship includes a senior agent who has an impeccable record of great results. Talk with both and make sure both have signed the listing agreement representing you.
- Be prepared for negotiation - Learn and understand your buyer’s situation; what are their motives? Can you demand a big deposit from them? Try to lock in the buyer so that the deal goes through.
- Negotiate for the best price and the best terms - Learn how to counter offer to get maximum value from every offer.
- Make sure the contract is accurate and complete - Be honest with your disclosures; you do not want to lose the deal because you were lying or diminishing your home’s defects. Insist the buyers get a professional inspection. This will protect both you and the buyer.